Job No: 497111 Position Type: full-time Location: Lewisburg, PA Categories: Athletics & Recreation
We are seeking an Assistant Women's Rowing Coach to join Bucknell's Athletic Department. This position is responsible for the coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Women's Rowing program, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference. The position reports to the Head Women's Rowing Coach.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion. This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
Job Duties: 1. Coach training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
3. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student athletes.
4. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
5. Work closely with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
6. Monitor academic progress of student-athletes as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
7. Assist with development and implementation of all team fundraising activities.
8. Participate in departmental activities as feasible and perform special duties as assigned by the head coach and/or Director of Athletics.
9. Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
10. Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
11. Assist with development and implementation of the Walk-On Recruiting Program, including production and dissemination of e-mails, mailings, recruiting posters, and preparations/execution of on-campus Interest Meeting.
12. Assist with identifying, scouting, and recruiting quality prospective student-athletes and with coordination of all PSA clinics, visits, mailings, e-mails, and organization.
13. Assist with maintenance of women's rowing gear, equipment, facilities and associated item; including upkeep of locker room, boathouse, trailer, launches, docks, ergs, erg room, maintenance of the gas supply, rigging of boats, loading and unloading of trailer and removal and placement of docks.
14. Assist with projects geared towards building campus and community ties with the program. This includes, but is not limited to, Sideline Coaches Program, charity car wash, learn-to-row clinic for area students and development of new philanthropy.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree 2. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives 3. Maintenance of current CPR and First Aid Certifications
Physical Demands: 1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. 2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Work Type: This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.