Fox Run Golf Links is an 18 hole golf course located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, owned and operated by the Elk Grove Park District. In 2012 and 2013 the golf course underwent an extensive $2.26 million renovation including a new irrigation system, complete bunker renovation, and improved storm-water drainage systems. This year, Fox Run has just completed construction of a new clubhouse and a state of the art maintenance facility.
Fox Run is seeking highly motivated applicants with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. The Equipment Manager reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for the golf course assets. This program includes the diagnostics and repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor, needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The Equipment Manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the Superintendent. The Equipment Manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects, diagnosis and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course equipment, including diesel, electric, and gasoline powered equipment
- Trains and supervises staff on the proper and safe operation of all turf maintenance equipment and tools.
- During the off-season, directs and supervises assistant superintendent in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Capably locates, prices, and orders parts and supplies needed for the maintenance of equipment; maintains inventory of stock such as but not limited to, spark plugs, filters, tires, gasoline an oil, and mechanical parts.
- Loads, unloads, and delivers equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assist with snow/ice removal in the winter months.
- Properly cleans shop and work areas as required to maintain a safe working environment.
- Helps conduct in-service training.
- Help monitor and complete goals and objectives
- Assist in the team's record keeping.
- Prioritizes preventative maintenance on equipment and tools.
- Assist in the development of capital plans for buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO
Long-term disability (IMRF)
Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF)
Paid Time Off - Holidays, Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
Dues paid for professional memberships
Opportunity to attend local and national education events