Eagles Landing Golf Course is set along the coastal bays of the Atlantic Ocean, just two miles from Ocean City, Maryland. The course is owned and operated by The Town of Ocean City, MD and is regarded as one of the best public golf courses in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently seeking an experienced and professional golf course equipment manager. Qualified applicants will be required to operate, maintain and repair a wide variety of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment specific to the maintenance of a golf course at a high level of quality. The Equipment Manager will oversee the maintenance facility campus to be sure it is a clean, safe and professional working environment. The Equipment Manager is responsible for accurate fuel records, maintaining parts and supply inventories and facility upkeep. This individual will be required to perform golf course maintenance tasks as needed and will also occasionally make mosquito control applications.
Qualified applicants will have graduated high school, have some college, technical school or trade certification related to this position and no less than three to five years’ experience managing golf course maintenance equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Golf course equipment reel adjusting and grinding experience is required. Must have a valid driver’s license, pass a pre-employment drug test and obtain a registered pesticide applicator certification within one year of hire.
The right candidate will be a skilled equipment manager, willing to work hard, be creative and dependable, helping Eagles Landing stay on top of the golf market here in beautiful Ocean City, Maryland. In exchange you will be rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, a 40 hour work week and plenty of paid time off. All this in a relaxed and affordable seaside setting!
Your responsibilities are pretty typical and include but are not limited to the following;
- Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening and adjusting.
- Assists staff in training, operation and cleaning of equipment.
generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems and high-pressure pumps and valves.
- Installs and adjusts brakes.
- Performs machining or welding work.
- Performs general overhaul of equipment and necessary winterizing.
- Maintains and monitors records of preventive maintenance, repairs, orders, inventories of
supplies and reports to supervisor.
- Organizes and maintains a clean golf course maintenance facility.
- Records and orders fuel and lubricants.
- Makes Mosquito control applications as needed.
- Assists with payroll and other administrative duties when needed.
- Performs maintenance tasks on golf course as requested.
Additional Salary Information: A very comprehensive benefit package included.
About Eagles Landing Golf Course
Visit us at https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/ for information about our community and the Town of Ocean City, MD. You can also go to https://www.eagleslandinggolf.com/ to learn more about Eagles Landing Golf Course.